09/04/2012

Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)

This is a song from the very well known singer Kelly Clarkson. She met the spotlight when winning the contest - American Idol (season 1) - where she sung a beautiful and strong song called A Moment Like This.


This song is the second single from Kelly Clarkson's fifth album, Stronger


The writers of the song were probably inspired by Friedrich Nietzsche quote: That which does not kill us makes us stronger. (You've already heard it for sure)


First of all let me say this is one of those songs that I don’t know why I like it so much.
But I have a clue: the lyrics.


Whenever we are going through a tough time there is always someone telling us that we are strong enough to deal with it, that we are gonna make it. Well what people also know is, at least after dealing with it, that going trough certain things makes us stronger than ever. Maybe it’s supposed to hurt to be stronger, I don’t know. But speaking from my own experience, whenever I’m down I get back better than I was before. I think we discover more about ourselves – how strong we are – when difficult obstacles appear in our way. It could another cliche but it's not. It's true. Be strong, things get better, eventually.


What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes you a fighter
Footsteps even lighter
Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...