11/04/2012

Russian Red, Everyday Everynight

Russian Red, the artistic name for the Spanish Lourdes Hernández.

Considered by many as "the Spanish Feist", Russian Red - who's name was inspired on her favorite lipstick colour, when asked about her name, once said: "I had a band without a name some time ago. Since then, I was haunted by an obsession: to find the ideal artistic name. One day, I fell in love with this colour that a girl was wearing. I pronounced its name, and now it is my pseudonym."

Strongly influenced by The Beatles and music in English, Russian Red has two released albums: I Love Your Glasses in 2008 and Fuerteventura in 2011, 2 collaborations (one on the Spanish edition of the celebrating Elvis album Viva Elvis) and several soundtrack inclusions; this young singer-songwriter has a bright future in front of her, having all the potential to have a very graceful international career.

Everyday Everynight is the most recent single taken from Fuerteventura. The album was released in May 2011, marking her transition to a bigger label and more recognition on international media.
The album was recorded in Glasgow working with the producer Tony Doogan and members from Belle & Sebastian.

The video was produced by Diego Hurtado de Mendoza.
The director said to the Spanish El País that the song made sense being recorded in Venice because Everyday Everynight is about a love story that is coming to an end, that is sinking further and further - becoming the perfect euphemism for the song's background.

Besides Russian Red, the co-leading figure is represented by Eloy Azorín.


"You were young and I was sad 
I just wanted to be by your side 
Everyday, everynight, no more shall we part. 
Everyday, everynight, no more shall we part."

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...