12/08/2012

Two Door Cinema Club, Sleep Alone

Two Door Cinema Club are a young Irish who's sound is somewhere between indie and electropop. Formed in 2007 and they are now composed by Alex Trimble (vocals, guitar and synths), Sam Halliday (lead guitar and backing vocals) and Kevin Baird (bass guitar, synths and backing vocals). On live performances they also count with Benjamin Thompson (drums).

They are very known for remixing songs from different artists like Lady Gaga, Young The Giant or The Strokes.
They count with a released record Tourist History, on February 2010 and a second album is now set to be released next September 2012 under the name Beacon.

Beacon already has a single: Sleep Alone. Curiously, this incredible song had a different background approach. According to Alex Trimble, on an NME article, Sleep Alone was inspired while smoking cannabis to help his sleeping issues. To NME, he said: "I have a terrible time sleeping when I get off tour," he explained: "It's horrible. So I was smoking a little bit every night before I went to bed and it was really influencing what happened when I was asleep."

He concluded: "I ended up having these really crazy dreams. I started reading about dreams and got really interested in lucid dreaming when you have full control over your dreams – you realise you're dreaming, but within your dream it also feels like the real world. There's a little of that in the song, but I never achieved it."


"That they're just ghosts
And they can't hurt him if he can see them
And I may go
To places I have never been to just to find
The deepest desires in my mind"

Sudoeste TMN 2012 Comment: Two Door Cinema Club - some people told me they were a fascinating live band and I would really enjoy them. Gladly, what they told me was true. Two Door Cinema Club were electrifying, hypnotic. They have really exciting music and their energy reflects their talent and deep lyrics. I can't wait for their return and see them one more time.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...